Monday, September 5, 2011

World Tea East - I Will Be There

Happy labor day!

I am pleased to announce that I will be attending World Tea East, the new, Philadelphia-centered event run by the organization that is behind the World Tea Expo, where I will be representing RateTea.


Since I created RateTea and started blogging about tea, about two years ago, I have read two rounds of excited posts about the World Tea Expo. I have thought seriously about attending the World Tea Expo both years, but did not. With this new event so close to home for me, there's no reason not to attend.

I am excited to meet lots of new people involved in the tea industry, but I think one of the things I am most eagerly looking forward to at this event is the opportunity to meet tea bloggers, and employees and owners of tea companies, and others in the tea industry that I already interact with online, through blogs, twitter, or RateTea. If you are someone who I regularly interact with, and you are coming to this event, please let me know so that I can be sure to meet up with you.

I also want to say that I am excited about the fact that there has been enough interest in the World Tea Expo to spark the spinning off of this second event in a new location. I think this bodes well for the specialty tea industry, which, following up on the slow tea / slow food connection in my last post, also bodes well for a more sustainable and diverse culture of food and drink in society as a whole.

More information:

For more information on this event, you can read the official press release about World Tea East.

No comments:

Post a Comment